Providing mobile signal in large open areas, tunnels, mines..
How It Works
- The Bigboost system should be installed on a high location. A good mobile signal must be available here.
- The Yagi antenna points at the base station, receives the signal and sends it to the StellaHome repeater.
- From here, the signal is sent to the BigBoost which adds powerful amplification. The Bigboost sends this high power signal to one or two antennas that can point down into the areas that require coverage.
- Typical range from these antennas is ~400m.
- The system is self monitoring and does not require any management.
Download the Specs here:
Frequency (MHz): 800/900
The BigBoost must be used with the Stellahome repeater.
DO NOT use the BigBoost with any other type of repeater EXCEPT the Stellahome.
Quarries, mines, tunnels, elevators, large open areas without signal.
The Yagi antenna that points towards the operators cell tower must be pointing roughly 180DEG in the opposite direction to the antenna(2) that point down into the areas that require coverage. This is to reduce feedback between the antennas.
The Bigboost unit and the Stellahome unit as shown in the diagram above MUST be placed in separate waterproof enclosures. DO NOT PLACE THEM IN THE SAME BOX.
The reason for this is feedback and overheating.