How the Stellahome GSM + 4G booster works
- The antenna on your roof receives the GSM and 4G mobile signal. (900Mhz + 800Mhz)
- This signal is sent via coaxial cable to your StellaHomeGSM+4G signal booster in your house.
- The booster amplifies the signal.
- The antenna attached to the booster sends this amplified signal around your house.
- Your mobile devices then communicate with this signal.
The great thing about the Stellahome GSM +4G booster is that it covers you for both quality phone calls (at 900Mhz) and super fast 4G data (at 800Mhz)
This is a suitable booster for those who want to cover voice and 4G data.
Note: Your network operator must be transmitting 4G at 800Mhz in your area for this booster to boost 4G. Use our search tool on our homepage to find out this information.
This booster kit includes
- 1 StellaHome800+900 booster
- 1 internal and external antenna
- 1 power supply
- 12m coaxial cable(SD240)
Quick install guide
- We recommend doing a "loose" install first, so that you can test where best to place your cables and antennas.
- Install the outdoor panel antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually this is your roof).
- Using the supplied 12m cable, run it down inside your house to the Stellahome repeater.
- Attach this cable to the repeater. Then attach the indoor panel antenna to the repeater.
- Plug in the power supply.
A closer look
- 4 mounting holes: if you want to secure your repeater to the wall.
- 4 diagnostic lights: tells you if the repeater has:
- proximity control.
- communication with your phone.
- 6 light signal strength indicator: tells you the strength of your mobile signal outside.
- Connector in: attach the indoor antenna here.
- Connector out: attach the 12m cable here and feed it up to the outdoor antenna.
- 12V Power in
The frequencies explained:
800Mhz is one of the frequencies that 4G uses. This frequency is excellent for propagating about the countryside. Most mobile operators use 4G at 800Mhz in rural locations.
900Mhz is used for the GSM network. GSM is a robust standard used by your phone and the operator’s base station to transmit voice signals. It has been about for a long time which is a testament to how successful it is. All phones, including the older “non-smart” phones can use this standard. 900Mhz is a relatively low frequency that is excellent at propagating through the countryside. It is most likely that this frequency is available outside your house (Can you make calls outside your house?). It also uses much less power then 3G or 4G. ie, your phone battery lasts longer!
In stock, ready to ship