How the GSM signal booster works
The receive antenna is installed in an area where you already know you have good gsm signal
This antenna will receive the gsm signal and send it down the coaxial cable to the gsm signal booster which is placed in the room where you want coverage. The gsm signal booster then amplifies this signal and transmits it into the room. Several mobile phones and laptops nearby can then communicate with the improved gsm signal. When a mobile phone transmits during a call, the signal is received by the booster, amplified, and then transmitted back to the network base station via the panel antenna.
The StellaRoom 900 gsm signal booster is designed for residential use, with coverage for 1-2 rooms.
This booster kit includes
- 1 StellaRoom900 signal repeater
- 1 outdoor Panel antenna
- 12 meters of SD240 cable
- 1 12v power supply
Quick install guide
- We recommend doing a "loose" install first, so that you can test where best to place your cables and antennas.
- Install the outdoor panel antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually this is your roof).
- Using the supplied 12m cable, run it down inside your house to the StellaRoom repeater.
- Attach this cable to the repeater and plug in the power supply.
A closer look
- Signal strength LEDs
- Diagnostic LEDs
Blue Uplink Switch ON
Red: Near Operators tower
Orange: Adjusting power
Green: Power supply OK
- Internal antenna
- Outside antenna connection
- Power supply input
The frequencies explained:
900Mhz is used for the GSM network. GSM is a robust standard used by your phone and the operator’s base station to transmit voice signals. It has been about for a long time which is a testament to how successful it is. All phones, including the older “non-smart” phones can use this standard. 900Mhz is a relatively low frequency that is excellent at propagating through the countryside. It is most likely that this frequency is available outside your house (Can you make calls outside your house?). It also uses much less power then 3G or 4G. ie, your phone battery lasts longer!