How it Works
The Stellahome900 GSM booster is ideal for providing GSM signal coverage in your home. As long as there is mobile signal outside your house, then this booster will amplify it and send the signal about inside your house.
For the booster to work you must have at least 2 bars of mobile signal outside your house on your phone. This GSM booster is is quite powerful and will provide coverage for a 2-5 room house.
This Stellahome900 amplifiers frequency at 900Mhz. All network operators transmit GSM at this frequency and GSM gives you great voice calls.
Therefore, this booster is a really effective booster for voice.
*Many mobile operators now transmit 3G at 900Mhz and if your operator does this, then you will also get 3G data with this booster.
This booster kit includes
- 1 StellaHome900 booster
- 1 internal and external antenna
- 1 power supply
- 12m coaxial cable(SD240)
Quick install guide
- We recommend doing a "loose" install first, so that you can test where best to place your cables and antennas.
- Install the outdoor panel antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually this is your roof).
- Using the supplied 12m cable, run it down inside your house to the Stellahome repeater.
- Attach this cable to the repeater. Then attach the indoor panel antenna to the repeater.
- Plug in the power supply.
A closer look
- 4 mounting holes: if you want to secure your repeater to the wall.
- 4 diagnostic lights: tells you if the repeater has:
- proximity control.
- communication with your phone.
- 6 light signal strength indicator: tells you the strength of your mobile signal outside.
- Connector in: attach the indoor antenna here.
- Connector out: attach the 12m cable here and feed it up to the outdoor antenna.
- 12V Power in
The frequencies explained:
900Mhz is used for the GSM network. GSM is a robust standard used by your phone and the operator’s base station to transmit voice signals. It has been about for a long time which is a testament to how successful it is. All phones, including the older “non-smart” phones can use this standard. 900Mhz is a relatively low frequency that is excellent at propagating through the countryside. It is most likely that this frequency is available outside your house (Can you make calls outside your house?). It also uses much less power then 3G or 4G. ie, your phone battery lasts longer!