How the GSM 3G repeater works
- The antenna on your roof receives the GSM and 3G mobile signal. (900Mhz + 2100Mhz)
- This signal is sent via coaxial cable to your StellaHomeGSM+3G repeater in your house.
- The GSM 3G repeater then amplifies the signal.
- The internal antenna sends this amplified signal around your house.
- Your mobile devices then communicate with this signal.
The great thing about the stellahome GSM +3G repeater is that it covers you for both quality phone calls (at 900Mhz) and fast data (at 2100Mhz)
This is a suitable booster for those who want to cover voice and data.
This booster kit includes
- 1 StellaHome900+2100 booster
- 1 internal and external antenna
- 1 power supply
- 12m coaxial cable(SD240)
Quick install guide
- We recommend doing a "loose" install first, so that you can test where best to place your cables and antennas.
- Install the outdoor panel antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually this is your roof).
- Using the supplied 12m cable, run it down inside your house to the Stellahome repeater.
- Attach this cable to the repeater. Then attach the indoor panel antenna to the repeater.
- Plug in the power supply.
A closer look
- 4 mounting holes: if you want to secure your repeater to the wall.
- 4 diagnostic lights: tells you if the repeater has:
- proximity control.
- communication with your phone.
- 6 light signal strength indicator: tells you the strength of your mobile signal outside.
- Connector in: attach the indoor antenna here.
- Connector out: attach the 12m cable here and feed it up to the outdoor antenna.
- 12V Power in
The frequencies explained:
900Mhz is used for the GSM network. GSM is a robust standard used by your phone and the operator’s base station to transmit voice signals. It has been about for a long time which is a testament to how successful it is. All phones, including the older “non-smart” phones can use this standard. 900Mhz is a relatively low frequency that is excellent at propagating through the countryside. It is most likely that this frequency is available outside your house (Can you make calls outside your house?). It also uses much less power then 3G or 4G. ie, your phone battery lasts longer!
2100Mhz is used by all mobile operators for the 3G network. This is available in all cities and offers very fast data speeds. It is also available in many parts of the countryside but you should always check outside your property to see if you can receive this frequency on your phone. Generally, if you can browse the internet on your phone outside your property, it is likely you are on 2100Mhz, 3G.
In stock, ready to ship