How it works
- The outdoor antenna installed outside your house collects the 3G signal from all operators and sends it down the cable to the 3G repeater.
- The 3G repeater then amplifies this signal and re-transmits it into the area where you want coverage.
- Mobile phones and laptops in that area then communicate with the improved 3G signal.
- 3G can be used for voice and data.
- If you can can receive at least 2 bars of 3G signal outside your house, then this repeater is a good choice for you.
All mobile networks transmit 3G at 2100Mhz.
This booster kit includes
- 1 StellaHome2100 booster
- 1 internal and external antenna
- 1 power supply
- 12m coaxial cable(SD240)
Quick install guide
- We recommend doing a "loose" install first, so that you can test where best to place your cables and antennas.
- Install the outdoor panel antenna in a location where there is good mobile signal. (usually this is your roof).
- Using the supplied 12m cable, run it down inside your house to the Stellahome repeater.
- Attach this cable to the repeater. Then attach the indoor panel antenna to the repeater.
- Plug in the power supply.
A closer look
- 4 mounting holes: if you want to secure your repeater to the wall.
- 4 diagnostic lights: tells you if the repeater has:
- proximity control.
- communication with your phone.
- 6 light signal strength indicator: tells you the strength of your mobile signal outside.
- Connector in: attach the indoor antenna here.
- Connector out: attach the 12m cable here and feed it up to the outdoor antenna.
- 12V Power in
The frequencies explained:
2100Mhz is used by all mobile operators for the 3G network. This is available in all cities and offers very fast data speeds. It is also available in many parts of the countryside but you should always check outside your property to see if you can receive this frequency on your phone. Generally, if you can browse the internet on your phone outside your property, it is likely you are on 2100Mhz, 3G.